Monday, February 24, 2014

This One's For The Girls

Maybe it's just me but lately I've heard an overwhelming amount of girls around my age complaining about the men they're dating or just the men their age in general. They're always so quick to blame their struggling relationships or absent dating life on the men around them.

I'm blaming the ladies.

Don't get me wrong, I think we have a lot of men around us who are not treating women like they should- but I think the bigger problem is the women who are settling for way less than they should.

The number of women I've met who are or have dealt with an unfaithful significant other is absolutely horrific (and this is just my own little circle). I don't for a second want you to think I'm making light the pain you're feeling- I am not. I am so sorry that you aren't being treated like the princess you are. You have to ask yourself how many times you're going to let him hurt you. How many times are you going to find yourself in a relationship with the same type of men and the same outcomes before you start demanding better? It seems to me that being unfaithful to a significant other is so common now that people are starting to just accept it as a part of life, a norm. I've seen studies that claim an affair can make a marriage stronger. What!? And it's not just men either, it's women too.

We need to start expecting more. 

Ladies, you were not created to fulfill a mans "needs" and you were not created to feel unfulfilled without a man in your life, you certainly weren't created to be walked all over. You were created in the perfect image of Christ. You are perfectly designed by God. Your worth is more than you can imagine. Proverbs 31:10 says you are worth more than rubies.

Singleness can be a difficult season. We live in a world that makes us believe it's built for two. I encourage you to look at this time as a blessing. God knows what He's doing. Your future steps are perfectly ordained by Him. That is so comforting to me. Discover yourself. Take a trip. Volunteer. Use this time. Just don't settle.

There is a man out there who will treat you like the precious jewel you are and until you meet him YOU need to treat yourself like the precious jewel you are.

Men will start rising up when we stop backing down.

"Never settle for less than you deserve or you'll end up with even less than you bargained for."

XOXO,

K

*This is not intended to sound harsh or inconsiderate. I  am writing with a genuine concern because I've been there and I speak from experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment